Thursday, September 25, 2008

Wow . . .a whole week!

I'm still sick! I'm coughing up junk . .okay maybe that was tmi, but we've all been there I'm sure.

Chuck and I were laying in bed last night and I had an itch in an umm, well embarrasing place and was scratching it. Chuck asked what was wrong and I told him, and then said, but at least I'm not sitting the car, that's the worse. We laughed and said we'd been married so long we could actually laugh about it. I said, "yeah, we're parents, if we can talk about poop, vomit, snotty noses, we can talk about weird itches."

I finished the fourth book in the Twilight Series . .Breaking Dawn. Oh the books were good. I cried at the end (a happy cry). My husband was so patient with me during this last book. He only complained once since Monday when I started it. Normally he does a lot more complaining when I read because I become oblivious to what's going on around me. It doesn't matter what the book is, if it's well written I'm going to be oblivious because I move into the book and become a part of it.

Ohhh, guess what. My radiator is fixed! Chuck got it taken care of on Monday . .but now he has my van to go up to SLC because the transmission in his is acting weird. The van is still drivable around town, but every once in a while the tranny freezes up and you can't get it to shift to 3rd gear so you have to drive 30 mph, and on the freeways it's not a good thing. At least I'm not carless this weekend. So, we get my van fixed and on Tuesday Chuck was using the hose and when he went to the spicket to turn the water off the knob broke! So, guess what, now we have to keep the water to the house turned off until I can go get the replacement part today. It had to be ordered. We do have a "key" for the water meter so I go out every few hours and turn the water on and flush toilets and refill our drinking water. I have the hose hooked up to the sprinkler outside so the lawn is being watered while I'm taking care of inside stuff. It's not fun, but it's better than having NO water for 3 days. I can at least do dishes and flush toilets. Everyone got showers yesterday so we're good. Chuck showed ME how to fix the faucet so when I pick up the part I can take care of it instead of having to wait until he gets home on Saturday. Cool huh!

Alrighty, enough from me. I hope everyone is doing good.

1 comment:

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Well sorry about your embarassing itch...gotta love how comfortable marriage makes ya! Breaking Dawn is great! Glad you got it finished. My husband read all the books with me so he understood the need to have to finish them. :D Glad your car is fixed and sorry about your water!g