Monday, September 8, 2008

Hahahahaha

Chuck and I got a good laugh tonight. I was sitting here working and Makiya had just gone to bed (1/2 hour later than she should have, but really, who can blame her, she's reading Twilight). Anyway, I hear water running in the kid's bathroom. I send Chuck to check and see if Makiya had decided to take a shower. Nope. . .wasn't Makiya. Stacia and Shayla were in there taking a shower. Okay, so that wouldn't really be all that funny, except, I'd put them to bed an hour earlier with the plans that they get up at 5:50 am to take a shower before school. Well, they claim their alarm went off and so they just got up and didn't really even bother to check the clock. I asked them if they were tired and they both said they'd felt like they'd slept the whole night. The clocks were all messed up because our power went out this evening and apparently they didn't get the alarm set right. m EDITED: This morning they still didn't get a shower. They still didn't get their alarm set right and when I got up at 6:20 and realized the house was too quiet, I went to get them up and their alarm had never gone off.

Speaking of the power being out . . .it went out about 4:30, just as I was getting our enchiladas ready to bake. I stuck them in the fridge with the hope that when we got home from the Bookmobile the power would be back on and I could cook them.

We got back home at 5:20 and still now power. I got creative tonight and made homemade gravy with beef chunks and brown rice and corn on the cob. Now, you ask . . ."how did you cook dinner with no power?" That is the joy of a gas stove. I lit it with a lighter and we had a marvelous dinner! The power did come back on just as I was putting the corn in the pot to boil, but by then dinner was ready, so the enchiladas are waiting to satisfy us tomorrow night.

Have any of you played Phase Ten Twist? I got this for Chuck for his birthday and we've had a blast playing it. We love PhaseTen, but it is such a long game, this version takes about 1/2 the amount of time to play, but we are satifying Chuck's need to play Phase Ten AND finish the game. I highly recommend the game.

My poor hubby is sick. He came home from the long week up North with the crud. I'm just praying I don't catch it and I'm being mean and won't let him kiss me on the lips!

My car is dead again. It's been having overheating problems and I'd have to add anti-freeze/coolant to the car every time I wanted to drive somewhere. Chuck pulled it apart today and too the radiator into be fixed. We should have it back by Wednesday. It is a real pain to want to go somewhere and not have a car here!

Well, that's all for tonight!

5 comments:

Becki said...

Oh my! That is soooo funny! LOL!

PsiPsi said...

*loooooooooooool* too sweet
but I had that too when I was a child
messed up with the time and got up 3 am to go to school
Lol

Bianca - ProjectB said...

Ooohhh, that happened to me too years ago! I got up, took a shower and my father asked me what I was going to do at 5.00 am. I had 2 more hours to sleep LOL
Funny story ;)

Janeal said...

Sounds like a busy life! I hope you get to enjoy your enchiladas tonight. Yes, I love gas stoves too! I would never want an electric.

I hope you get your car back soon. That would drive me nuts!

Angie (mighty-nice) said...

I'm off to look up what the PhaseTen game is - I'm intrigued... Have a good one! I've stopped by to say, "Hi!", courtesy of the blog train. I'd love a visit from you: http://isladeangela.wordpress.com/