Friday, September 26, 2008

This Water Thing

or lack of water thing is really getting old. It's getting old going out 2-3 x's a day and turning the main water on/off, but we can't leave it running until the faucet is fixed. I should have had it fixed by now, but my dh and the plumming store guy had a bit of a mis-communitcation. My dh measured the pipe from end to a certain spot and the faucet guy thought he was measuring it from the end to a different spot, but guess what that left me . . .NO water! The tube ended up being one inch too short. I took it back into the plumming store and the guy there (Tom) is so nice. He's going far beyond the call of duty to take the part home and fix it himself (cut and welding). I can pick it up some time tomorrow morning. In the meantime I get to turn the water on for a few minutes to refill the water in the fridge and flush toilets. My dishes are piling up, I didn't do them last night and tonight, because I had to leave the old part with Tom, I can't let the water run as long as we could before (the old part kept it from leaking horribly).

On a positive note, this is the LAST weekend Chuck is going to the farmer's markets. It will be nice to have him home again and tuning pianos and fixing a broken lawnmower and everything else he has set aside because he's only home Sunday through Wednesdays.

No comments: