Saturday, August 30, 2008

Oh my . . .

It has been raining so hard this evening! I'm glad I saw it coming and could secure the animals and what not outside. Chuck got home with a trailer load of wood for his shed just as the first drops of rain started falling from the sky. The lightening and thunder was awesome. I love thunderstorms (we don't have to worry here like they do in the mid-west when there's a bad storm, so I can say I love thunderstorms.). We've had a couple of good ones this year, but nothing that has knocked the power out or made your skin crawl when the thunder cracks right over the house.

The funniest Thunder story happened about 9 years ago. We lived in the Salt Lake Valley and a storm was starting. I was putting kids to bed and chuck was in our bedroom. He said he was kneeling at the side of the bed praying and the thunder cracked and he jumped over the bed in one leap and was into the room with me and the kids in the second leap. His heart was racing and I was laughing sooo hard at the look on his face. Okay, so you had to be there, but it was pretty funny to me. . he still gets upset when I laugh about it.

I spent the day reading Midnight Sun . .this is by Stephanie Myers the Twilight Saga author. The story starts at the same place as book #1. This book was meant to be sold, but somehow a copy ended up on the internet and you know how things spread like wild fire here. On her webside she talks about how devistated she is over it, but decided that she wanted to put the story out there rather than people having to go find the illegal copies. The manuscript was 276 pages (double spaced) and I got it read today. Because I'd just read Twilight on Monday and Tuesday this week it was all fresh in my mind and I could scan through the manuscript quickly. I also finished the second book this morning. I was up until 2:00 am reading it and with Chuck gone I had to sleep with the bathroom light on hehe. I'm such a wimp. The book and the manuscript were both excellent.

Well, enough rambling for tonight. Night all.

1 comment:

caligirlinfl said...

Oh, I had not heard about Midnight Sun. I will have to look for that. Enjoy the books!