Monday, May 5, 2008

I'm a Grandma . .

well sort of hehe. Our cat had a liter of kittens last night. I'm so glad she's finally had them. She was so miserable. I think she was wider than she was long! She delivered without our knowledge. Makiya found them quite by accident last night. Tabby had them in Stacia's bedroom and thank goodness I'd already given the girls permission to sleep together in Shayla's room because Stacia's room didn't smell to good last night . .or this morning for that matter.

When we checked on them this morning there is one dead one pushed off to the side, however, we are counting at least 5 live ones. There are at least 2 pure black ones and two black and white ones. I don't know why our pretty striped tabbies always end up with black kittens!!!

We took two strays to animal control on Saturday. One did happen to be black and white ... and male, so that was probably the daddy.

I'll keep my camera handy today, so when I see the momma cat out and about, I can hurry in and snap some pictures. (I've got to get rid of the dead baby too.)

Now the kittens are born, we're looking forward to our goat giving birth the middle of August.

No comments: