Monday, May 26, 2008

I hope everyone is having a safe holiday.

My girls got it into their heads to have a yard sale this morning. We have a sign up by the highway and we've already had a few customers.

Shayla won a motorcycle helmet (for 4-wheeling) and we don't do that so I've been needing to put it in the paper to sell it. We put it out at the yard sale and the second people to come bought it, plus they bought a few other things. So, in less that 20 minutes of opening their sale they've already made $33.00. I didn't have a lot of stuff for them to put out. Mostly they put out clothes that were headed to the thrift store, a couple of videos, a few toys, the helmet, a couple of house decorations and our bird. I hope the bird goes. He's free the cage is $20 hehe.

I was going to work today because we were asked to please work if we can, but there wasn't any work to do. So, now I'm baking castings for my dh and will either do some scrapbooking or read a book that I'm enjoying.

Oh, and I've come up with a plan for my girls to read alot this summer. They are all trying to earn money for contacts. So, I've told them for every 100 pages they read I'll pay them $1. The rate Stacia is going she'll have me broke by the end of the summer!

Have a good, safe holdiay today!

No comments: