Saturday, May 2, 2009

Sleeping in the rain

Stacia and Shayla decided that even though there was a huge storm heading our way they still NEEDED to sleep outsde on the trampoline last night. I went out at 8:30 to tell them one last time they were crazy and to kiss them goodnight. As I started to the house Shayla started yelling, "Mom, mom, Stacia said the coyoties can track our sent from the mountains and they will come get us tonight." I yelled back, "Stacia, stop terifiying your sister!" As I entered the house I hear them giggling.

The sleeping ended at exactly 1:30 am when the sliding glass door screeched open and loud shouting woke me from my slumber.

In came two soggy girls with soggy blankets.

Me: "Why is everything so wet?"

Stacia: "We wanted to see how long we could stay outside in the rain."

Me: "So, what blankets do you plan on using to sleep with now you are in the house?"

Them: Deer in the headlight look. "Umm?"

Me: "What pillows do you plan on using?"

Them: "We'll just pull the pillow cases off."

Off came 4 pillow cases from each pillow.

Me: Thinking I didn't know we had that many pillow cases.

They went in their room and we found two blankets hiding in the corner of their room. They changed their wet pj's and climbed into bed together.

Naturally, I tossed and turned until 6:15 am when I had to get Makiya up for baby sitting.

Maybe next-time the coyoties will get them before the rain.

No comments: