Saturday, July 25, 2009

Promised pictures

In last night's post I said I'd get pictures posted from our small town parade. In this first picture you can see the first entry in the parade, our towns "big" fire truck. Joshua is riding in it and if you look close to the passenger side you'll see his purple shirt and cowboy hat. You can also see down the street how long the parade is hehe.

I was so excited this picture worked. The truck was moving and I was sure it would be blurry. But, what a great shot of Joshua's big smile. He thought it was totally awesome to ride in the fire truck.
We had a couple of first this year in our parade. We had our first Grand Marshall. The older lady in this picture is the Grand Marshall, but she was afraid to ride in the car by herself (even though it was her son driving), so another lady joined her. Who made her Grand Marshall, I'll never know hehe.

This is the second "first" for our parade. An actual float!


This last picture is of the 4-H horse riding club. They came at the end after the bike riders, the 4-wheelers and motorcycles, and the walkers. After the horses was the final entry in our grand parade . .the other fire truck spraying water on everyone. I didn't get a picture of it because I had my camera shoved under my shirt to keep it from getting wet.


5 comments:

SarahB said...

The picture of your son in the firetruck did turn out perfectly! What a fun 1st to capture!

Robin Ennis Willson said...

Neat photos!!

citygurl08 said...

nice pics , looks like it was fun

Mary said...

great moments captured, thanks for sharing your family time.

Mommy Spice said...

Yay for parades! Our town is going to have one this week, I'll have to post some pictures afterwards! Looks like you all had a great time!