Thursday, June 25, 2009

My poor baby

Last night Joshua was playing outside and he just started screaming. I reached the sliding door about the time he did and he just wouldn't stop screaming and was not wanting to put weight on his foot. I lifted him to a kitchen chair and he was still screaming and I couldn't get him to calm down and tell me what happened, but I could see the top of his foot swelling, so I grabbed an ice pack and got it on it.

After 20 minutes and him still crying I gave him some Tylenol w/codine and we headed for the ER. They had it x-rayed and couldn't see any breaks, thank goodness, and the doctor said he'll just have to deal with it. I was NOT impressed with the doctor, Joshua was barefoot and the doctor took the wheelchair and left, there was NO way I was going to let him try to walk out to the car and I couldn't carry him, so I stopped the doctor and asked for the chair back. He grunted and gave it back and the nurse (who was nice) helped us out to the van. I think he wanted Joshua to walk on his foot, but being without shoes, I didn't think walking across a parking lot was the smartest thing in the world! It had been hot yesterday, and I'm sure that asphalt was still pretty warm. Yeah, lets torment the bottom of BOTH your feet with burns. Duh!

Got him home and put him to bed. I guess sometimes during the night he wanted ice on his foot again cause I heard Makiya up and asked her what was going on.

He is up this morning, but still not wanting to put weight on his foot. I remember when a doctor told me MY foot wasn't broken, but yet it was damaged so bad that even 3 years later it still bothers me. So, despite the dumb doctor, I will baby my baby as long as he needs it. We are using my desk chair (that has wheels) to move him around the house hehe.

2 comments:

Becki said...

Aww, poor little guy! I hope it feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....