Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Oh No . .what did we do??!!!!!

Last night was Basketball game night again. Shayla's games are over, but Stacia's age group is doing a little tournament. . . but let me start at the beginning.

Tuesday, what a crazy day! I had to get all my work done early because once 3:45 hit, we were going to be running none stop. Stacia and Shayla walked in the door from school as I walked out to go to a Relief Society Presidency Meeting at the church. Sometime between when I left and 4:45 Chuck made it home (as did Makiya). The Activity Days assistant leader picked Stacia and Shayla up at about 4:45 for Activity Days at the church. My meeting usually goes about an hour. Not last night it went from 4:00 to 6:30. Chuck called about 6:05 and asked when I was going to be home because Makiya needed a ride to Young Women's at the church. I told him he'd just have to get Joshua dressed and bring Makiya over. A little bit after she arrived I was able to go home and took Stacia and Shayla with me.

When I got home I had to cook dinner, and Stacia had to do homework and get ready for her ball game.

Well, Makiya had decided she didn't want to the go to the ball game because she wanted to stay to the whole YW's activity. So, Chuck to the house key off his key ring and gave it to her so she could get in the house when she got home, since the ball game didn't even start until 8:30 and we wouldn't be home until after 9:30. Guess what?! She got home at 7:50 and handed me the key (which I set down on my desk) and then she decided to go with us.

We headed out at 8:00, went to the ball game (which her team won, so she plays in the finals tonight). After the game we had to go get gas and then went over to the grocery store for some bread and we all got a donut. We sat at the store at their little deli tables and ate the donuts, then headed home.

We pulled up to the house and Chuck says, "the house key isn't on the ring." Then it dawns on Makiya and me that we'd just left it on the desk. We have a small dog door and thought Joshua (who had falled asleep and was now crying in the cold) could fit through, but we couldn't get him to go through and he was screaming (remember it's like 9:50 pm). We pulled screens off the windows, but everyone of them was latched. The girls were crying, Joshua was screaming and we did NOT have the money to call a locksmith! Now, we have a sliding glass door at the back of the house, and Chuck (although I didn't realize it because I was checking windows at the front of the house) had been lifting up on the door hoping to get the latch to come undone. But, he gave up and started hunting through his garage for something he could maybe jimmy the door with. Well, in the meantime Makiya said a prayer that we'd get in the house. It was so cold. Stacia was in shorts and had not coat with her. Everyone was tired.

I went back to the sliding glass door and started lifting up on it trying to unlatch it and finally after I'd done that about 5 times it came undone and the door slid opened! Everyone was so glad to finally be in the house (the 10 minutes it took felt more like 2 hours to everyone).

I was tucking Joshua in bed and I could hear Makiya just a crying. When I went to see what was wrong I was asking her if she was still scared, or what. She replied, "Mom I'm not sad, I'm happy. I said a prayer and Heavenly Father answered it. I'm crying because I know He loves us and didn't want us to have to stay out in the cold all night and He answered my prayer." What a testimony building experience for my 13 yo!

After all that, we finally got everyone in bed by 10:30 and Chuck and I went to bed where we proceeded to talk politics until 11:30!

At least now, we know if we can break in our house, so can somone else rofl. No, really, we know that next time we get locked out we should be able to get in.

No comments: