Tuesday, January 29, 2008

President Gordon B. Hincley

On Sunday night the prophet of the church I belong to (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) passed away. He was 97 years old. This is a little tribute I did to help my children with his passing.

The words are from a song Pres. Hinckley wrote:
I know that my Redeemer lives, Triumphant Savior, Son of God, Victorious over pain and death, My King, my Leader, and my Lord.

He lives, my one sure rock of faith, The one bright hope of men on earth, The beacon to a better way, The light beond the veil of death.

Oh, give me thy sweet Spirit still,The peace that comes alone from thee,The faith to walk the lonely roadThat leads to thine eternity.

Credits: Digiscrapshak June 2007 Mega Kit and Natalie Bird - Dude The photos showed up in an email yesterday, they were compiled by Scot Facer Proctor, but I don't know if they are his photos or a collection he put together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful layout. President Hinkley was greatly loved and will be missed tremendously.