Monday, October 15, 2007

Monday, October 15th

Wow, the middle of the month! Anyone started Christmas shopping yet? I need to get Makiya's birthday out of the way this week. I'm taking her and several of her friends for Manicures at the college, can't beat $3 manicures hehe.

Becki and I have a wonderful new freebie up over at August Designs.

I felt like the world worst mother on Friday. I went to pull Joshua up off the floor and I dislocated his elbow!!!! Can you believe it. I mean, I realize it's common, but you still feel horrible when you do it to your own child. I took him over to the emergency room (thank goodness it was our regular doctor on call there, I don't really like very many of the doctors that work at the ER). Our doctor had x-rays done, poor Joshua just cried and cried. I was glad it wasn't broken. The doctor popped it back into place (or so he thought). We waited a while to see if Joshua would start using it, but he just kept on crying. The doctor was concerned, so he felt Joshua's elbow and sure enough it still wasn't in place, the doctor really had to do some twisting and pulling to get it back into joint. I was just about in tears! I think if it had been any doctor other than our regular doctor, I would have yelled at him for hurting Joshua so bad! But, then, I was mostly upset with myself for causing the problem in the first place.

Joshua didn't sleep to good on Friday night, and Saturday he pretty much walked around with his poor arm craddled up against him saying "ouchie" all day. BUT, Sunday dawned yesterday and he didn't complain about it at all! I'm glad he is feeling better.

Well, that was our grand adventure for the weekend. Hope everyone had a good one!

1 comment:

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Oh my gosh!! Poor josh. That makes me cringe just reading it!! Poor joshy and poor mommy!! I hope you guys are doing better now.